Friday, October 12, 2012

windows 7 update installation

After acquired a lenovo T430, I got 32 Windows 7 updates ready to install. Then followed by several frustrated rounds of download, install, restart, fail to configure, revert.

To be safe on other issues, I even wiped out the linux partition and restored boot loader to windows loader. Still...

The solution that works for me was from answers.microsoft.com
KB2647753 needs to be manually downloaded and installed, then use windows update to automate the other updates.

Although the error code says updates need to write to certain system files and one suggestion by microsoft is to restart without starting some start-up programs. That approach did not work for me.

Finally I got all updates installed. The thing is, even if you do not care your system's security or stability, windows is so friendly that it will keep remind you every 4 hours, which is annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment