Saturday, June 12, 2010

GCJ 10 Round 3

As in 2008, I failed in round 2. But I made it closer this year. Almost immediately after the contest of round 2, I figured out problem B, the fifa world cup problem. Solving that one in the first hour would send me to the first 500 to qualify. But I just didn't get it and panicked during the contest. Wasting time recompile and test code that I know a problem exists. Lessons learned: Better make every detail correct on paper and write down as much code as possible on paper before start typing. Anyway, it scores zero if the typed code is incorrect.

Round 3 I have to be a spectator, instead of a contestant. All 4 problems are tough to me. But it is amazing to see how other top coders worked out their last problem with only 1min left. Will think over the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment